- How does Oursurplus work? Give me an example
Ok - so lets say there is a large Corporate, call it 'Target', and its unfairly charging for its product/service OR its poorly treating its workers/customer OR its unfairly avoiding taxes OR it should compensate for a privacy/data-breach. And lets say people like you think this should Change. So what can you do? Well you alone can't do much but if lots of like-minded people like you joined together, we believe you can compel Target to Change
- But how do I get paid?
Two ways... Directly, if Target yields to the pressure of your Change and announces a compensation, you will get paid. Indirectly, if Target might change its behaviour and therefore will become a better corporate citizen and increase your economic surplus.
- Why is there a fee for creating and joining a Change? Why is the fee higher for creating a Change?
You can follow a Change for free. We believe by charging a nominal fee for joining we are ensuring that individuals actually commit to the Change. The higher fee for creating a Change reflects the bigger commitment and responsibility the author of that Change has. A Change creator will typically be entitled to a slightly greater portion of any compensation (monetary or in-kind) that materializes on success.
- When is the fee charged?
The fee will be only charged when, 1) a Change is successful and 2) those who joined the Change on Oursurplus are entitled to some compensation (directly or indirectly) in excess of the fee charged.
- When is the fee refunded?
- The fee will always be refunded if a Change fails or the available compensation is less than the fee charged.
- Will I get a refund if the Change is not successful?
- Yes. The fee will always be refunded if a Change fails or the available compensation is not enough for Oursurplus users.
- Is there an expiry date for Changes?
- All changes will generally be closed with a determination whether they succeeded or failed after 6 months of being created.
- What determines a Change is successful or failed?
- Its simple. A successful Change is one where the individuals who Joined are offered compensation in excess of fee charged.
- Do you have a simple video to explain this all?
- Yes we do, watch the video below or go to www.oursurplus.com/changes to see the current Changes.